Sunday, October 6, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color

      

  Searching for a new long-lasting lipstick, I came across Wet n Wild's Mega Last Lip Color at my local CVS.  Wet n Wild has always been a brand within my makeup collection.  The Mega Last Lip Color retails for $1.99 each.  Lucky for me, these lip colors were on sale for 2/$3.
     



     These lip colors claim to be matte-finish, hydrating and last 4 hours.  On Wet n Wild's website, they offer 26 colors.  At my CVS they had 12 colors.  I picked up 4 colors:  Bare It All, Mocha-licious, Muave Outta Here and Wine Room.




Here are the swatches:




     I have been using these lip colors for over a week now, and I highly recommend them.  As far as lasting for 4 hours, they absolutely can if you are not planning on eating or drinking anything during that time period.  After eating and drinking, I noticed the color on the middle part of my lips faded, but just a bit.  I had to pretty much reapply only 
on that area. The rest of the lips kept the color on well.  

      I would say that they are definitely matte-finished and creamy when applying it to your lips.  Initially, it feels generously rich.  However, about over 30 mins after application, my lips don't feel as hydrated as when I first applied the color.  My lips would start to feel dry in the outer corners and middle part of my lips.  It also could be that I have always had "dry" lips.  I usually have to use chapsticks or lip balms.  If you don't have this problem, it may not be an issue for you.  This formula feels considerably more hydrating than a lot of other brands I have tried that states to be long wearing. 
 This could be from the Coenzyme 10 and Vitamins A&E ingredients.  

The color does transfer when you kiss your hand or loved one on the cheek, 
yet I love how it never stuck to my teeth at all.  My favorite color of the four is Wine Room.  

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Wine Room 906D


  Overall, I enjoy and appreciate this product from Wet n Wild.  For $1.99, you get a very opaque, creamy, matte-finished, pretty long wearing lip color.  What more could you
 ask for?  I will definitely be purchasing more colors from the Mega Last Lip Color Line.  :)


Check out more photos on my Instagram :)


All opinions are my own. Wet n Wild products were purchased with my own money.


October 6, 2013















3 comments: